Small business online advertising can often be difficult for small businesses still getting on their feet. Small businesses looking for online advertising ideas have numerous options available to them. The best online advertising for one small business may very well be the worst form of online advertising for another.
One of the best and most profitable ways for small businesses to advertise online is through pay-per-click marketing (PPC), a branch of Search Engine Marketing (SEM). PPC continues to grow in popularity as an effective online advertising method because it serves as a relatively easy, cost-effective way to get your advertisements in front of a huge pool of potential customers using Google AdWords and other search engine marketing platforms to display your message.
WordStream has been featured in USA Today as an aid in helping small businesses use Google AdWords to their greatest advantage.
The article reports on the trend of Big search engine platforms (Google AdWords, Microsoft AdCenter, etc.) whose bottom lines depend on selling ads linked to search results.
These search engine platforms pour millions of dollars into initiatives to help small and medium sized advertisers make the leap to pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. Unfortunately, many small business struggle to get a handle on PPC.
As WordStream’s founder Larry Kim notes, in USA Today article:
“It’s all too common for small advertisers to waste money on poorly executed campaigns. Typically, they don’t re-evaluate and they miss out on the opportunity to leverage a powerful marketing channel to grow their business.”
You can read the full article, “Big search companies woo small businesses,” in USA Today.
WordStream has been recognized as a key asset in producing high-performing PPC campaigns. Learn about how WordStream’s PPC Software and Traffic Express service can revolutionize how you advertise on Google and drive relevant, valuable traffic to your business while saving you time and money.
Small Business Advertising Tips : Using PPC
So what’s the “correct” way to use PPC as part of your small business advertising strategy? Implementing a few best online advertising practices will ensure that your small business succeeds with PPC. Here are some tips for effective small business advertising:
- Begin with solid keyword research: Keyword research is the core component of effective online marketing and using keywords in advertising. Make sure your research is data-driven.
- Organize and group your keywords: Keyword grouping allows for more strategic online marketing for both PPC and SEO campaigns.
- Commit to Advertising Online: To see continuous benefits, you should regularly test, update and improve your small business online marketing campaigns.
The best small business online advertisers continuously research and improve their keyword lists.
While small businesses can easily be overwhelmed by the intricacies of how to use Google AdWords, WordStream offers comprehensive online advertising services for small businesses wanting help with PPC online advertising.
Learn how WordStream, a leading online advertising company with unique PPC management solutions, can play a role in your search marketing strategy.
Marketing Strategies For Small Business
A small business marketing strategy can help you identify who your customers are, measure your company’s position compared to competitors, and track the performance of your marketing actions.
- What are your customers searching for online?
- How could you reach your targeted customers?
- Which online marketing techniques will help you increase traffic and differentiate your product from competitors?
Small Business Online Advertising Advice From WordStream
- The Keyword Suggestion Tool: Find targeted keywords related to a seed term.
- The Keyword Niche Finder: Discover your most profitable pockets of keyword opportunities.
- The Negative Keyword Tool: Eliminate waste in your pay-per-click campaigns by identifying irrelevant keywords that could burn through your budget.
- The Keyword Grouper: Automatically sort a list of keywords into an organized structure ready to use in SEO or PPC campaigns.
- SEO Content Creation Plug-in: Get help writing keyword-rich, search-optimized blog posts and other web content to drive traffic and leads.
Effective Small Business Advertising Solutions
- Build effective PPC campaigns from scratch
- Create new ad groups
- Expand your keyword opportunities
- Cut wasteful spending with negative keywords
- Analyze your search queries for insights